Sapphire, author of Push, dropping knowledge
Its been a long week(s). Too long. I really don't know what I've been up to. I've been wandering through a fruitless haze, a drummer-less funk that seems to not be leading anywhere.
I thought college was suppose to HELP you find what you want to do. I had a better sense of that shit riding the 3 train past Brownsville everyday. Smoking my haze beneath white statues in black-and-brown neighborhoods. Walking through my grey block at four in the morning. Then again, what I wanted then was easy: to GET OUT.
Get out of this living and go someplace far, where there were hills and sun and blue water. I always dreamed of that, when I was starry-eyed and couldn't pee straight. NOW, it seems I'm more inspired where I came from. I want to do something -- change -- where I came from. But it seems like I can only start from here.
Expect some big tings (Jamaican accent) when I go for them, and I only dream big.
"Hi haters, I'm back off hiatus. I feel just like you, I mean even I hate-us." Kanye West Grammy Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment