Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Something To Remember (For Real)


Gotta let go. If you don't, you'll never spring forward to what is waiting for you. See you in college, but solely as Iniquity...

Before I slip away into the arms of unconsciousness for reasons unexplained
There are certain truths to be unearthed, as I’ve lost at playing the game.
Words may mean nothing, but yours have taught me more than I could have imagined for.
And despite their warnings, I have fallen as a victim to the innocence I dared to adore.

As you clean the fog off of my mirror of evidence, leading to treason,
Can you explain how a man holding on to his word is much more than a reason
But to ensure your season lasted more, and they wouldn’t wait outside your dorm door
Or on top of a hill with verbal annihilations to eviscerate your innocent thrill?

Be still my beating heart every time I wanted to help
Gaining chills at the thought of allowing someone else to be their own self.
Pathetic. Wishing all the best for you, as I sit writhing in silence
Or do I dare uncap the lid so Pandora can tell the truth of your vibrance?

They threatened violence against you, so I took to deflect the hits.
Even though unwarranted, at least no metal bat interrupted your kiss
But before I could check again, it seemed all my concerns lay strewn.
As you shot yourself in the foot, now the news will be coming soon.

So prepare. You asked me to keep this shielded from prying eyes.
I did. Broke bonds of trust when asked. But it’s all a pack of lies.
Don’t disguise your innocence, as it to the world you have fed.
Just know I kept my promise, and am taking your secret to my deathbed.

1 comment: