It has been what Queen Latifah has coined a "Long Ass Week."
From reading excerpts of three of the greatest speeches ever to bring sound to this earth on MLK Day, to performing a failed recording piece (and succeeding), to potentially losing the closest thing I have to a best friend here, almost failing a good number of my tests, removing facebook from my routine (forever probably), writing a really good essay, yet being ashamed because of it, and being shafted because people want entertainment, but I want sanity, it HAS been a long ass week. Oh, but it is not over. I'm just waiting for people to realize what is truly important this time around. These exams next week will be the last grades my colleges see. Don't they GET IT? The answer is no. And, that's okay. Some might turn to doing stupid shit to ease their pain or their mind after two consecutive weeks of pure, adult-rated hell (last week I was sick, but on prefect duty three times instead of the usual one. I'm NOT complaining), like go completely insane on Saturday Night, then fail the entire week. But I'm not stupid. I may have been beyond drained, but I am still rational.
What is one to say after a week like this? I don't know. So, drown in my submerged world.
I took a step on the field they fought on.
It didn’t take a while for our people to catch on.
It meant more than just a forgetful song.
To accomplish a right with a regrettable wrong.
His blood was long gone, but his screams are heard.
The holes in his body, the pain cannot be inferred.
He didn’t apply to get in, and wasn’t deferred.
Just tossed out of his nest as a newborn bird.
Thrown in without the salvation.
Cut him off from all communications.
To the means of his nation he had no relation.
They forced him into this dreadful sensation.
As back home, his kid is still dreamin’.
If my dad is out there, if you’ve seen him.
Tell him I’ve always dreamed to be him.
And no opposing force can defeat him.
Learning what happens when all falls apart.
When the game wins you over and you’re teleported back to the start.
Wounded beyond measure, as you return to the field.
Drudging along, keep your memories; let them be your shield.
After I ace all of my exams, I'll be back. And much better. And I am not the one to say "I told you so," because that's a revenge-lay. No one deserves that. They deserve to work as hard as I am, even though most of it is behind the scenes. Perhaps one day they'll get that, and feel like their ass is always on the line. Until then, I'm going to save what's left of my friendship. Stay cool.
Oh, getting back on topic, don't forget to open your heart. It's not that hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment