Monday, January 25, 2010

Deeper and Deeper


D.O.I's Neologisms:
Just a quick word while I'm in the midst of my final high school exams ever.

Unbelievable.

I don't believe it. It's the age old principle. You can have all of the materialistic crap in plain view of everyone. I don't even have to lay out the details, it's universally known. But, then, when problems lay themselves down, they don't give a rat's ass who you are or how much you think you have: they will drag you down. When there is no one beside you to hold you (figuratively or literally), you will seep beneath the pressure. It's unbelievable because we don't believe it until it shows up, laughing heartily in our faces.

I was there. That was when I was going bananas. Now, my job is to pass on my experience to others. But, see, this is the main reason why I'm in complete disbelief. I'm a nobody. Nobody really knows me. I'm just there to help always. Therefore, I'm always amazed when people submit to me to allow me to help. I don't even have to be that deep of a friend, I just am around when there's a solution needed. But, it's amazing that they are going through the SAME damn problems I am! Of course, I never intrude where I'm not wanted. But, when someone's heart is tearing exponentially faster and faster, who am I to stand back and let them suffer? Is that the duty of a true friend?

Now, some have expressed the fact that some people do this for their own self-gratification. They help others so they feel better about their own life. That theory is poppycock if you're referring to me. I don't even have to defend my position. Because all that matters is that someone is going to go to sleep a bit more peacefully tonight because I was able to help. Even though I've been there always, my benefits reap when they are needed the most. That's why I believe in deep friendship. It means that my life has a direct impact on someone else's. And that's usually my goal. For someone to know that there is one person who will always be there.

Until next time, I'm off to see if anyone has picked up my trail yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment