No one told me this road would be level one
That our memories spent together would all be under the sun
That the roulette we spun, empty it would always come.
So, I have to get back to you before it all becomes none.
Before I decide to be a nun, change my value
Submit myself, just like before, even though I never had to
And if I’m complicated, sorry, I give really bad clues as to
How I’m feeling. Reeling in my biggest catch of the day
It speaks volumes that keep stealing my tireless ways
Then, I come to you for healing, only to find you’ve gone astray
And now that my status is “Dream Deferred,” how can I be of use to you now?
Can I go back, oblivious, no questions, complete disavow?
I believe that’s called a second chance. Not too many
of those are thrown into our hands. So, as I take a glance
At this water, which is supposed to soothe me.
Since I [expletive] you miles away, I find it hard to enhance myself.
Faltering at advancing elsewhere, and catching glowing eyes
At first glance. They say heart demolishing is all around, so just dance.
Nah, because then I’d be conforming again. I never wanted it, but my duty
is to break the norm, inform of my experiences, and hibernate
Until I transform. But this tingly sensation is the only weight
That brought me out and is desecrating all aspects of me.
So, I’ll keep searching. Until I find a cure for this manipulative thing.
I’ll find me reform someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment