But first, please know that the mind is attracted to the first pairing it is able to connect. That is why the mind is foolish, especially if that happens here.
I learned to cherish when I learned to survive
Upon your gratitude my whole being thrived
I coasted through my days just to see your smile
Now you’re gone, and not just for a while.
No one will ever emulate your style
So the only memories of you have been filed
I feel my heart being stuck in denial.
And I want to decompose into a small child
So these people on the train won’t ask my tears
How they preserve and contain many years
Of heartfelt conversations, realization of fears
The invulnerability as I held your body near.
I grow further weary into the abyss
The pressure of your goodbye will burst this cyst
Growing in my head from the words that you said.
And the tone of your voice will always be missed
I must walk listlessly from your door.
Gradually losing value, eventually turning poor.
Was the expectation that I can go on now?
Independent, ripped from our solemn vow?
If so, wow, I mean that’s unexpected.
You were the half of my soul to keep me protected
The one that kept me guided in a schedule full of hectic
Demands placed on me. You took the darkness from me
When the others shunned me, you were there to stun me
So all of the hatred could be eviscerated from me.
And now I am free, unwillingly.
‘Cause each word that I write is softly killing me
I have no one whose words are filling me
Although your manifesting love is still in me.
They say, they always had commentary on us.
We were too good to be true, too good to trust.
But respect was a must when they turned me to dust.
And you rescued me before I was to combust.
For that I am robust, but for you, I am feeble.
I bow at your presence, though I’m considered an equal.
But here I am, sitting in silence
Sirens blaring in unending violence
Among this hellhole, you were my vibrance.
But the feeling dissipates.
You helped me to know both sides of the game
Answered my call when I uttered your name.
Saved me from behind a closeted door of shame.
But no longer can I felicitate.
I can’t force myself to move, only to sit here and cry.
As I play, and play again, your longest goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment