Sunday, March 28, 2010

Breath of Light


As opposed to a Ray of Light. This is my second official freewrite, done after introduced to us in my Poetry RAW class. Too bad I went bananas before I learned how to do this.

I'm still going bananas, as the day grows yellow
My mind forms into a mellow stance
Taking this chance that those older than desired
Have a fire in them to continue governing
The lives of those ready to fly face first into danger
And suck it in, blow it out through smoke
Act immature because life is a joke
And never real
So their worth is just a piece of steel
Because it doesn't matter what they steal
A woman from a boy who had the courage to ask first
But they twisted his words so that they sounded worse
How low can you stoop?
How does your chain droop?
How is your sanity without any couth?
Do you make fun of a poof
Because he's living his truth
Or what? No more?
Everyone else is doing it, So it's in store.
Forget it, I'm still going bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment