D.O.I.'s Neologisms: Now I know why I NEVER go to the movies. The films that actually mean the most don't even make it to the big screen. Also note that part 2 may never show up (it hasn't for Ring Shout yet). All this means is this is the first verse of a song and it may be too long for one post. Hopefully I get to record this song soon.
An ambivalent fellow was seen floating down.
Hiding from before, with his guitar he was found.
Strutting slowly through the center of the town
Here to change the life of significance around.
He spotted a well, sported a faded sign
“Wishes granted here for the cursed or divine.”
He looked twice as if in one eye blind
Then slowly whispered the phrase, “It’s freedom time.”
But, of course, the things in life demand
A monetary value thrown from a frayed hand
A quarter given at a lemonade stand
A fraction of the prize from a poetry slam.
Being an outcast, he had none to drop
And figured it was here that his dreams would stop.
So he dusted the ground, his head he bowed.
And said what his bigoted friends wouldn’t aloud:
Were the world mine: I’d make an escape
For like minded souls to find and for us to relate
A parallel universe of earth and the sky
Where all the pleasures divide among you and I
Were the world mine: I wouldn’t have to pretend
Falsify to no end with whom my life I will spend.
Were the world mine: All this hatred I’d revoke.
Eradicate this mess so all that’s left is hope.
I hope you find it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment