Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Second Chance (Reprise)


D.O.I.'s Neologisms:

May day has come and passed. I can't seem to stop writing full-length songs about death. My friends keep taking my kindness for granted. Karma's a bitch. But sometimes it misses its target.




"Walking, trotting. Slowly departing.
Talking cold steps of the disheartening.
A force that's stopping, the children keep knocking.
As my farewell should have been that shocking.

I'm flocking to the open spaces
Fragmented bodies with familiar faces.
Reconnect the pieces, and oh, the places
We'll go. Trace me back to my show.

Of the memories you started during times that we grow.
Forcing personas that remain blatantly faux.
It's not easy to accept my rebirth
As you cannot show to me you've proven your worth

Was more than the $300 worth of dope
Was easier than on the bed of nails you stroked
I haven't rescinded my thought that there's hope
But I shroud myself away, back to this earthly cloak."

She spoke. Moved her lips for the ages
Took leaps and bounds, echoed many pages.
Saw that everyone was divinely favored.
And appreciated the fruits of her labor.

With that off her chest, she's able to advance.
Endure the battered remains, take a second chance
Pick up the pace as she shall, PROCEED.
And glide along, by faith, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment