Friday, July 30, 2010

Impressive Instant


D.O.I.'s Neologisms: The image I present to you with this piece is not Abercrombie-centric or endorsed. It doesn't have divisions among the stomach and won't be projected on your billboards. It has trouble finding a place for itself on a beach full of confident bums. It's of a small kid, flaws and all, trying his best to have fun on a vacation, and thinking of a good way to introduce himself.

I’m contemplating another way to formally
Introduce the abnormally
Façade ripping, wall smashing
Conscious of what’s happening
Eradicator of the saddening
Willing to expand his scope
And range of friends to joke
About what they seem to dart around
Like if noting the obvious is seemingly profound

What I’ve found is the bass pounding
Is a part, but not the whole of my repertoire
After all, one quality doesn’t define who we are
Especially when the pioneer refers to everyone as a star
Including the ones who subdue under humility
And can’t show flesh for humiliating fear

But watch courageous souls take monumental leaps
Drawing nearer to the courage we keep
Further from the abstract, just chilling on the beach
Giving the finger to those in the past who leeched
Off of my self-confidence: no more singers
and too much skin-bleach

They try to defeat but end up resurrecting
The spirit whose only goal in life is dissecting
Why I’m so hung up on impressions
Demonstrating life lessons so this game I don’t question
And you don’t question whether or not to approach my being
Based on the pre-fabricated image you are seeing.

1 comment:

  1. love this!

    wish i could hear it ...well, if it was meant to be heard.

    ReplyDelete