Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Lost Book of Rhymes: All I Got


D.O.I.'s Neologisms: Inspired by Amel Larrieux-

Got a voice. It’s made to choice. And it sure knows how to speak.
Got a mouth that doesn’t head for the south, and sure knows how to eat.
Got these hands that form democracy, and they know just how to make.
Got 7 miles to run, and I know the direction to take.

Got these eyes, don’t know the color, but they might be hazel-brown.
Got this heart, doesn’t know it’s lover, but is able to spread love around.
Got some feelings, that want to kick down the doors of hipocracy.
Got a fire, forever kindled, they will forever be proud of me.

Got these legs, filled with a stride, from them I spring quite far.
Got a different mindstate, never promoting hate, that show just who we are.
Got my people on either side, sharing a goal we seek.
Got inspiration, never-ending dedication, as we step up this technique.

This is what I do on a daily basis.
Be proud of the things in my oasis.
My job is to get the down to inspire.
Get the lame on their feet to make them liver.

From my fingers produce cool soul.
Got a theme, and I’ll give it as I’m told.
This is all I’ve got, and all I will have.
Advocating forever, as I hold my staff.

1 comment:

  1. i loooove that amel larrieux!

    & these pieces are amazing

    --dopeness!

    *kristin

    ReplyDelete