Friday, July 16, 2010

The Lost Book Of Rhymes: Response


D.O.I.'s Neologisms: If relationships don't work over long distances, can creativity? The answer, like most, is yet to be determined....

Strategist of starving governments, I be this.
Will never leave this fight. Known are my secrets.
Believe this, from the glow, I will never feel guilt.
My words are balanced stilts, Raging towers I’ve built.

Sewing into symmetric patches I quilt.
Then people don’t vote. They don’t change this mythology.
My people go broke, then create a new philosophy.
But in history, we created anthropology.

Stand up, speak loud, no more promoting hate.
Under our regime, countries fold under rape.
The state of our fate will subdue the will to act.
We won’t commit harm, but make up for what they lack.

They keep us down ‘cause they think we’re feeble.
We rain from the heavens, converting all that’s evil.
From rooftops, we’re strong, on negativity we bomb.
To respond, react, this revolution must respawn!

So it's easy to hide behind our previous attempts at compiling a message. But when the time comes to stand firm on your plateau, and the ground has been removed from you, is it easy to go back and find support? If you disappear with the earth, the answer is no. But if someone holds out their hand, you have a probability of being successful. Here's hoping you're successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment